i have 4 tangs, none eat the greens ?? - Page 2 - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Fish  /  i have 4 tangs, none eat the greens ??
renegade reefer
02-02-2013, 12:17 AM
yo sunny this guys tangs ridiculously large and nice no joke

Tha 150 is in tha building !!!!
my 11g nano

The All Powerful OZ
02-02-2013, 12:27 AM
I feed them O.S.I Spirulina Flakes and Spectrum Thera A+ pellets. I also something feed Formula One and Two Flake and Pellets. The biggest problem that I'm getting with the O.S.I Spirulina Flakes is that after a while the water gets a greenish tint to it. This goes away when I do my monthly water change and clean out the filters.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Last edited by marrone; 02-02-2013 at 12:29 AM.

02-02-2013, 10:08 AM
I have tangs, wrasses and angels and they all go crazy for the algae sheets. Here is a tip: buy it at an Asian market. It is about 1/10 the price of the ones they sell in LFS's.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please feel free to ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me, and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Check out my 120 upgrade and custom stand & canopy build here.

02-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I've always fed Nori sheets..
The latest tang addition PBT was paying the Nori no attention, until the Majestic started eating it. Now they all are eating it. PBT, YT, FLame angelfish, tail spot blennie, and of course the Majestic.

Funniest thing is the large 2" hermits climbing the net to eat the Nori.lol

MemBiZzLe.
02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
My algae Blenny likes it more than my tang!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g8...81B09CF7A6.mp4

<-click

02-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I tear a pc of nori off then just drop it in the DT. It usually floats around until the powerheads get hold of it, then in small pieces its distributed around the tank. That's when my tang springs into action and starts to feed on it. No vege clips or anything like that.
Aqua Medic Turboflotor skimmer
TLF 150
Koralia 4, Koralia 1

Tonight...we make soap.

02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrone View Post
I feed them O.S.I Spirulina Flakes and Spectrum Thera A+ pellets. I also something feed Formula One and Two Flake and Pellets. The biggest problem that I'm getting with the O.S.I Spirulina Flakes is that after a while the water gets a greenish tint to it. This goes away when I do my monthly water change and clean out the filters.
Thanks Marrone. This is the reason I asked. I have tried the formula 1 and 2 flakes and they almost turn into powder in the box after sometime. At that point they are just no use and add waste to the tank. I will try the O.S.I flakes and see if they are any better.

DIATOM MAGNET
02-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I found my tangs won't eat the green nori. But if I put in the red or brown they devour it. Doesn't last long in my tank.

02-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Wow, I have the opposite problem...My Blonde is 100% vegan, only eats Nori & lettuce.
I've had the fish since Nov 1, '12... its been three months and no change in its behavior...
She's not losing weight or anything, so I now accept the fact that she is a picky herbivore and so I make sure that there is enough green for her and everyone else. All habitants happy... except me

With recent Ich outbreak in my tank, I observed that all my fish got ich except the Blonde...so there could be correlation between protein food and ich