• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i have never read anything about this before...

my yellow wrasse is my favorite fish, got him he was relatively small, like 1, 1.5 inch i think 3-4 months ago.

his neck started to turn white and i was like woah is he/she dying? well that was the beginning of a slight color change. The head turned whiter and has now yellow and green stripes on the face. it is BEAUTIFUL with those neat lines on it. Does this mean it is either a male or a female, i mean is this color change indicative of sex? has anyone elses yellow wrasse did this? my friends is larger than mine and older and it is all yellow not like mine

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Does he look like this guy? ...my handsome guy! :)
Coris.jpg

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to thread jack but I saw a wrasse that looked basically just like a yellow coris but light green, I think it was called a lime wrasse but I can't find anything.Id please?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Very very close. That is what is happening to his face. I love it. Very nice fish of yours Kathy. I wish I could get a pic mine is all over the place he don't ever stop
no these guys never seem to stop moving. I probably took 50+ pics to get that one where he wasn't just a 'blur'..lol
Great fish, very personable, always comes over to visit me when I'm sitting next to the tank :)

More info for you from this site:
http://uinen.nrm.se/physiology/Morp...=Halichoeres&speciesname=chrysus&autoctr=3046
Descriptive characteristics of juvenile and adult

Striking featuresBody shape lateralelongated Cross sectioncompressed Dorsal head profilemore or less straight Type of eyesmore or less normal Type of mouth/snoutmore or less normal Position of mouthterminal DiagnosisIn life, body bright yellow, head and thorax yellow-orange; a spot behind eye; head with irregular light-green bands. Dorsal fin of males with a large black, white-rimmed spot at the first interspinous membrane (another spot may appear on the soft portion between 2nd and 3rd rays for smaller males); females with a second black, light yellow-rimmed spot; smaller females and juveniles with a third blackish spot on penultimate membrane. Anterior lateral line scales with 2-4 pores; 6-12 suborbital pores. Pelvic fins not reaching anus.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
He sure does :) ..and I think you have it exactly right on what he is saying too..lol
When I take out the camera, he takes off, just like a few of my other fish. My Lubbocks, Exquisite and Lawnmower Blenny (and a few others) would sit and let me take their pictures all day long, but not that Wrasse, he like to tease me instead. Ahhh fish :spin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: