• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Hey I just bought a mystery wrasse last week. I put it in my 120g with my sixline wrasse. For the first 2 days my sixline been beating up on my mystery. I had to put my mystery in my nano for the time being. I want to put the mystery back in my 120g. How should I go about this? Or should I just get rid of my sixline?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Best bet is to get rid of the 6 line - he will act the same way with almost any fish you add to the tank going forward.

Other option is to take out the 6 line - rearrange your aquascaping - and then add both of the fish at the same time.

IMO Plan A is the best :)

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
Is six line really that nasty? I'm assuming it is an adult? When is the turning point for a six line to become very aggressive?

meph

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Good luck trying to catch the six line.. i tried for over an hour last week trying to catch my small one. I had most of the rocks out and almost covered some of my corals from the sand. I fed so much food to lure it out, that i was afraid of an ammonia spike.

I gave up cuz it was hiding in the rocks somewhere and i lost track of it. After i put all the rocks back it finally comes out and i kept cursing at it.

My gf came home and asked why i looked so angry haha..

let me know if you discover any good fishing techniques :)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Manny, get rid of the six line!!!!!! Make a trap out of small bottle. Cut the top off, take the cap off, invert it into the bottom part of the bottle, tie a nylon string to the bottle long enough to where you can sit at a distance from the tank with the cord in your hand while the bottle sits in the bottom of the tank. Put a piece of what ever food he likes in the bottle, weigh it down with what ever you have that will cause it to sink. Sit, and wait, and when he goes in pull the bottle up by the string.;)

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Not a bad idea. Thanks

Manny, get rid of the six line!!!!!! Make a trap out of small bottle. Cut the top off, take the cap off, invert it into the bottom part of the bottle, tie a nylon string to the bottle long enough to where you can sit at a distance from the tank with the cord in your hand while the bottle sits in the bottom of the tank. Put a piece of what ever food he likes in the bottle, weigh it down with what ever you have that will cause it to sink. Sit, and wait, and when he goes in pull the bottle up by the string.;)

meph

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Awibrandy... it took me about 20 mins but it worked! i just tried it and i caught the lil bugger.. Thanks!

I practically destroyed my landscaping trying to get it last week.

Good luck with yours Manny.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Good to here meph! Now if only my darn Betta would take the bate.:sigh: I've been trying to catch that PITA for a year now.lol Shy fish are the worse to catch.argggggggggggggggg

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I was sooooooooo close to getting a MW, but decided against it because I have a 6-line. In a 40, with 2 clowns, gobie, blenny, and a coral beauty. And a firefish. And everyone gets along. (I hope I'm not jinxing myself!)
It may be easier to catch the others and QT them, and wait for the 6 line to become hungrier...mine is very active when hungry, and shows itself a lot.
Good luck!!!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Awilda I've used that method for about 7 years now. Works every time. I had to catch two peppermint shrimp about 6 years ago. The first shrimp was as dumb as a box of rocks. He swam in and took the bait within 10 seconds. NO LIE. 10 seconds. The bottle almost didn't even make it to the bottom of the tank before #1 swam in.

#2 seemed to take lessons from #1. He wasn't quite so quick to set a world record for entering his den of solitude. It took him about 30 minutes of inching up to the trap and darting away. Kept repeating this routine over and over again, each time getting immeasurably closer to the bottle opening. I had no strings attached. I just put my hands into the tank to remove the bottle with the devil himself caught inside.....after 30 minutes he finally took the bait and found himself caught, trapped like a wild pig in a snare trap, squealing, writhing, jumping, darting, howling, and basically being an unhappy camper :biggrin:

That's the story of how I trapped two of the devil disguised as peppermint shrimps in the same 31 minute span. :lol_large

Russ

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Not to hijack Manny's thread, but I've been able to get every other fish, crab, snail, shrimp into the bottle trap. And even the betta once. Unfortunately at that time it wasn't the betta that I was after, and so I released it back into the tank. Now, that was about 2 years ago, but apparently it learned it's lesson well. Now when ever the bottle goes in the betta stays clear of it.LOL Darn fish is way to freakin smart. Mind you it only has one eye, but still manages to stay clear away from all traps & nets. I'm thinking I need to get some cheap shrimp in the trap, and maybe just maybe I can appeal to it's love of shrimps.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: