• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

danfish

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i need a new skimmer for my 120gal and after much reading and research i narrow it down to either the euroreef or asm, i know the asm is a knock off of the euroreef, and the euroreef is a bit more $. is the euroreef worth the extra $ and does it perform better than the asm? pls let me know ur know how on both. thx in advance

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
There are too many factors going into this decision - I would check the skimmer thread and then also post how much you're looking to spend and the obvious other needed info -

IN sump or not hang on etc
Needle wheel or not
beckett or not
height/space limits etc.

I think if you are definitive on one of the 2 noted above, you're decision is made casue $ is a driving factor for your decision - if they are equal in output, then get the ASM -

House

You will find varying answers based on preferences which everyone has an opinion on.

danfish

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well i would go with the g-4 but it has a foot print of 11.5" x 16" and i only have 11" x13" in my sump, does the "foot print" mean how much space is required ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: