• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I saw on Melevsreef (site down looks like he changed hosting companies) that ER is now selling their "new and improved" needlewheels and he ordered one. The needles are much longer and the layout is different. He used a 1/4" drill bit to enlarge the venturi and with the new needlewheel he is claiming better performance. The Sedra 3500 needlewheels still on the ER site appear to still be the old ones :(

Anyone planning on performing this upgrade? I'm going to call today to see if they have the new needlewheels for the 3500 pump.

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah he has a dual Sedra 5000 setup so they should have the ones for the 5k, unless they gave him a special preview. pshht.

I'll ask.

:)

Oh I also capped my botched mod and placed the feed 1 inch below the cone. WOW!!!! I'm going to post a video tonight of my completely opaque, white skimmer. (Which BTW is how I think we should gauge skimmers. I could place a remora in a public toilet and make it look like the best skimmer on the planet. Being that we all have different bio loads I think skimmate is a poor measure of a skimmer. I'd like to see liter meters or reaction chambers.)

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Sorry Dean I ordered it. I couldn't wait. Shipping is only $6 for UPS ground or $1.52 for USPS Priority Mail!

This needlewheel reportedly creates much smaller bubbles and draws much more air. I'll post pics once it's up! :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: