• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
fas917,

I use the larger 6000 model as part of a closed loop and it is pretty quiet. Because mine is mounted above the water level it takes a bit to restart after being turned off but otherwise, it always turns on.

E

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i've used the 6000 for half year now. its relatively quiet compare to most other 1500 gph pumps(low hum when listen close). 1 of the reason y some says it dont power up after stop is because it was design to shut off when overheat. after it cools off, it should restarts(needs to be unplug 1st). dont put it in an enclosed area.
eheim is good too, but it seems to be more $ n highest is 1262gph i think.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I would also look at the Eheim pumps as they're quiet, quietier than the Quiet One pumps, and also use less electric.

Which model eheim uses less electric for the similiar gph?

The Quietone 4000 he was looking at uses 50W @ 1017gph

Eheim 1262 uses 80W @ 900gph

If there is a Eheim which is more efficient, I might get it so long as it doesn't cost much more then the 1262. Mainly because of its reputation for reliability for years and you'll also save a little bit on electric along the way.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Which model eheim uses less electric for the similiar gph?

The Quietone 4000 he was looking at uses 50W @ 1017gph

Eheim 1262 uses 80W @ 900gph

If there is a Eheim which is more efficient, I might get it so long as it doesn't cost much more then the 1262. Mainly because of its reputation for reliability for years and you'll also save a little bit on electric along the way.

I was saying that it used less electric then the other pumps not nesscary the Quiet One pump.

Irisservice

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I had the 4000 on my 72 gallon as a return. And i have to give it a thumbs down... It was very quiet and low power... But flow was very low... Now useing eheim 1262... Quieter and much more flow...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: