• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
I will more than likely be re-locating out of state and wanted to take my set up with me minus any live stock with the exception of teh live rock. I want to take the live rock out of water and store it DRY until I ready to set up a drem tank. Whats the best way to do tis without stinking up my apartment? Suggestions?

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
you can use a rubbermaid but more importantly make sure the rock is damp and cover the rock with regular newspaper. and of course seal the top of it whether its in a box or in a rubbermaid. that should help with the smell

matt

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Why not sell the live rock.. You can always by base rock when your ready for it. You don't have to move it, store or clean it that way.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
you can use a rubbermaid but more importantly make sure the rock is damp and cover the rock with regular newspaper. and of course seal the top of it whether its in a box or in a rubbermaid. that should help with the smell

matt

not a good idea if you ask me because he's trying uncure it, basically kill the rock so it wont spoil during transport. With damp rock and newspaper he will get a fowl order and/or mold of sometime if its over a week or so. Not to mention the smell that will be trapped inside if you close the box up :lol:

Putting it in a open tub in the sun will dry it out and air it out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: