• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I placed an order with Jeff's Exotic Fish in response to an advertisement as follows:

Live Stock:

1) Buy any 2 Corals and get 1 Free!
2) Buy any 3 Fish and get 1 Free!
3) Buy any 10 Snails and get 5 Free!
4) Buy any 10 Hermit Crabs and get 1 Free!
5) Buy any 2 Shrimp and get 1 Free!
6) Buy 40 lbs of any type of Live Rock and get 10 lbs Free!

Dry Goods:

1) Order $250 or more this weekend and get a Free Copy of the new
Invertebrates book.

So I ordered a bunch of snails and hermits, a few fish, and a few other things, and this came to about $300.

I never received confirmation of the order and the shipment arrived without notice. Fortunately I was home to accept it. Missing from the shipment were two percula clowns and the "Free Copy of the new
Invertebrates book". There was no billing statement. I have no idea whether they discounted the order to reflect the missing fish, or in fact what has been charged to my credit card. I've contacted them, but have received no reply.

Has anyone else had this experience? I thought they were pretty reputable, but I am a bit disturbed that they don't even acknowledge correspondence.

I'll try again, but then I am going to get in touch with my credit card's consumer fraud division.

wyw

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have never had anything shipped from Jeff's so I don't know much about their shipping procedures but I buy from them directly all the time.

I would give them a call and ask what's up. They are a reputable company and I would be very surprised if they didn't work to fix the problem quickly.

When I was at the Torance store the other week Jeff said they were going to open a place in Costa Mesa. I still haven't been to the store in Orange but I like the warehouse feel of Torance.

Give them a call 888-442-3474

Good luck
Wendy

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have worked with Jeff a few times and been to his store in orange once. Some of those orders specials look like they were from the orange store if so then they are only good in store I believe. I am sure he will fix the problem give him a call and I am sure everything with be fine. Sometimes when you order stuff from online vendors they will ship you what they have and the stuff they dont have in stock (i.e. The book and the clowns in your case) they will wait until they have it in stock then send them out to you when they get it.

Keep us posted.

When I was at the Torance store the other week Jeff said they were going to open a place in Costa Mesa. I still haven't been to the store in Orange but I like the warehouse feel of Torance.

Oh boy another store in costa Mesa!?!?!?! Yippee

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was about to buy some live rock from them, and then I did a search at reefs.org and stumbled upon this (which was my post). I had almost forgotten ...

So I have just sent the following email to Jeff's:

Hi:

I'd like to buy 100 lbs of live rock.

What is making me hesitate is that when I last placed an order (in March of 2005) I replied to an advertisement that stated

Live Stock:

1) Buy any 2 Corals and get 1 Free!
2) Buy any 3 Fish and get 1 Free!
3) Buy any 10 Snails and get 5 Free!
4) Buy any 10 Hermit Crabs and get 1 Free!
5) Buy any 2 Shrimp and get 1 Free!
6) Buy 40 lbs of any type of Live Rock and get 10 lbs Free!

Dry Goods:

1) Order $250 or more this weekend and get a Free Copy of the new
Invertebrates book.

So I ordered a bunch of snails and hermits, a few fish, and a few other things, and this came to about $300.

I never received confirmation of the order and the shipment arrived without notice. Fortunately I was home to accept it. Missing from the shipment were two percula clowns that I had ordered and the "Free Copy of the new Invertebrates book". There was no billing statement. I have no idea whether you discounted the order to reflect the missing fish, or in fact what had been charged to my credit card.

Many thanks.

William G. Scott

Think they will respond?

Any other suggestions for where in Cali to get live rock? I looked at several places in the Bay Area today and it was incredibly expensive and looked terrible.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my 400w pendant from these guys and they were ok to deal with. I DO have to say, however, that they were difficult to get in touch with after the sell for shipping details and so forth. Overall I had a good experiance.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was still in L.A. I did business with Jeff Majdali on a regular basis for a number of years. Never had any problems at all, but I also don't think I ever actually had anything shipped from them. I'd just always drive down (first to his place, then to his first warehouse, then to his second) and pick up whatever I needed.

As far as live rock from him goes, he does get really, really good marshall and tongan rock.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had any problem, both with Jeff and his brother, who has a store front in Orange.

I feel it is another issue with the people he hired. Give them a call and see if you can get them to straigthen it out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: