• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cyro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got 2 ribbon ells about 1,5 meters.
one is having no appetite for 3 days and mostly distend like pitons!
what is the problem? could be laying?
i could not find any information about their layings. how can they ?

regards.

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from the picture. I don't know too much about breeding eels, but it's very possible that they are laying eggs because you most definately have a male and female in there.

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was it eating before? i know ribbon eels are known to be picky eaters, once you get them to eat they do okay. so i hope one laid eggs and is protecting the eggs. too bad you can't go and check ;)

cyro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually they are very gluttonous. they eat frozen shrimp daily and little fishes if there is one in the aquarium. they are in my aqua. for 6 months.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about this specie's reproduction mannerisms (I don't believe there is any literature anywhere about it either). I do know there are many other animals that will not eat when tending to eggs, so hopefully this is what's happening with your specimen. Let us know if little eels hatch :) I don't think I've ever seen documentation about any successful breeding of ribbon eels. Heck, it's tough enough to get them to feed, so you're doing something right!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: