• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

S!mon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to get a sand sifting star to help my sand bed instead of a cuke. I am leaning twards the star because I've heard bad things about cukes (the cuke nuke). What is everyone's opinions about one or the other.

S!mon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 30 gallon tank thats been up for three years now. I have two acros and some lps right now.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how deep is your sand bed? the reason i ask is that i have a 75 with a 2"-3" sand bed and i think my 2 sand sifters ran out of food. i had to give one up. i believe this can happen, and very well might with a 30.
i'll tell you that sand sifters sure do stay busy. :wink:

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd avoid sand sifting stars regardless. I simply don't like them as they decimate sandbeds of life and reducing biodiversity. You really don't need a sandsifter, but if you must, conches are excellent choices.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sand sifting star if a live sand bed is a goal. I too like the conch that Len mentioned. Never seen them get very big.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're also fun to watch. I would've never thought a gastropod could have this much personality :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: