• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

New fish

Attachments

• percs 10-Nov-06.jpg
    percs 10-Nov-06.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,377
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adore Percs, and I despirately want a pair of the black morphs that are tank raised around here by a wholesaler...(insert drolling emoticon here)

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":284qoenp said:
dnorton1978":284qoenp said:
Gotta love tank raised percs. I have 2 myself. Very catchy title.
How do you know they're tank raised? :D

By the colors. They appear to be light in color, which is very typical for any tank raised that I have seen. Tank raised percs here in FL. cost a couple more dollors than wild caught.

Another way to tell is the ends of their fins have a clear look like a true perc. Except those are not true pers because of the markings.

Does that make sense to you guys.

I researched the heck out of clowns prior to buying and went with tthe tank raised for 2 reasons. First the are much hardier, and second they are tank raised.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tank raised and they are awesome. They love the RBTA and we love them Tanks looking good BTW.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dnorton1978":1wwabho2 said:
bleedingthought":1wwabho2 said:
dnorton1978":1wwabho2 said:
Gotta love tank raised percs. I have 2 myself. Very catchy title.
How do you know they're tank raised? :D

By the colors. They appear to be light in color, which is very typical for any tank raised that I have seen. Tank raised percs here in FL. cost a couple more dollors than wild caught.

Another way to tell is the ends of their fins have a clear look like a true perc. Except those are not true pers because of the markings.

Does that make sense to you guys.

I researched the heck out of clowns prior to buying and went with tthe tank raised for 2 reasons. First the are much hardier, and second they are tank raised.
I am pretty sure you can't tell if they're tank raised just by what you said. I've seen ocellaris that are wild caught that look identical to tank raised.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost both last night. They got blotchy for lack of a better term. What ever thay had showed up late in the game and progressed quickly. They were fine Monday night. The PJ's are still fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: