• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mike90

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,
yesterday i bought a white stripped grouper (he's black with white stripes) and so far he hasnt eaten anything. the guy at the LFS said he would eat krill so i bought some frozen krill but he didn't eat it. i don't know if it's just too early or if i'm giving him the wrong food.

what is a good food to feed this grouper? silver sides? what about ghost shrimp?

any input is appreciated. thanks.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. I moved your post, Mr X :) That forum is for www.advancedaquarist.com article discussion, but admittedly it isn't very active. Cute pic, by the way :P

Silversides should work, but I've found chopped fresh raw shrimp usually does the trick. Clams sometimes works too. Goldfish offer very little nutrition, so stick with a mixture of fresh seafood. These guys are reclusive, so be patient.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Silversides usually are very irresistible, as are mysis shrimp for smaller fish.

mike90

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought some silver sides last night and he ate two. how many did yours eat mr x? he only ate them when i pushed them over in front of his face too. gonna be kind of a pain if i have to hand feed him. any suggestions? thanks.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he creeps around and eats whatever is left over when i leave. when i witnessed him eat, he scarfed up a quarter sized glob of silversides.
what else do you have in the tank with him?
i only have a niger trigger. i just feed him till he's full and then throw some in for the other guy. he gets it. don't worry.
does yours hide mostly? mine hides 90% of the time. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stripped grouper?

have you tried clothing her or giving her a brass pole?

he he he

lol

sorry ....going to the corner. :cry:

mike90

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mr_X":x1hbq7d4 said:
he creeps around and eats whatever is left over when i leave. when i witnessed him eat, he scarfed up a quarter sized glob of silversides.
what else do you have in the tank with him?
i only have a niger trigger. i just feed him till he's full and then throw some in for the other guy. he gets it. don't worry.
does yours hide mostly? mine hides 90% of the time. :cry:

mine will not move from under the power head. he sits there all the time. guess they're not very active fish.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well..we can do one of 2 things, wait till they grow so big they can't hide, or bring them back to the LFS :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: