• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm... your guess is as good as mine. Therme, meaning heat or cold. In video #5 at 16 Mb I saw an electrical cord hooked to the inside unit. MY guess is that is somehow electrocutes and super heats the algea in the little square area inside the tank. :?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says something about boiling the water around the coralline. Scares me around silicone though

paneubert

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How hot does it get your tank......... :twisted: I dont know how I would feel about basically sticking a clothes iron in my tank to kill things.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And threads like this remind me of why I'm such a huge fan of glass tanks. Abuse at will. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":1vyto130 said:
http://www.therme-at.com/products.htm

Can someone explain this product to me?

Sure. Note the disclaimer on the website about the outrageous restocking fee in the case of returns? There you go. :D

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it sure doesn't look like that works easily either. that guy was scrubbing hard for a while on that electrocuted coralline. i think a razor blade would work just as easy, if not easier.

atnixon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, i would not trust it at all..I always judge a product by how it is explained....This does not get explained at all which has put me straight off it...

I think that if you keep on top of cleaning your glass with a normal algae magnet as part of your daily routine, there should not be a need to electricute anything at all...

Niko

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: