• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Pics as of 11_06

Attachments

• hydro1.jpg
    hydro1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,035
  • welso1.jpg
    welso1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,037
  • yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,036
A

Anonymous

More

Attachments

• pink1.jpg
    pink1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,033
  • redmille1.jpg
    redmille1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,033
  • greenslimer1.jpg
    greenslimer1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,033
A

Anonymous

More

Attachments

• frog1.jpg
    frog1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,031
  • tank_11_19_06.jpg
    tank_11_19_06.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 1,031

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know your concerned about the general well being of the whole ecosystem of your tank. It looks good. Ive seen alot worse and Im definately a newb. I do agree that something is missing and with persistance and patience you (we) will find the key to righting the problem the the coloration of corals and lack of fish longevity. IT will happen. Dont give up. YOur corals are living and not dying. that definatly means something of your reef husbandry. Again, dont give up. :)

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob - your corals look pretty faded. Likely because of your low fishload.

Have you tried supplemental feeding like Roti-Feast, Phyto-Feast, and/or Oyster Eggs?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying Chromamax right now. I just started last week.

Its all they had local.

Do you think the colors will come back?

I still want to get the fish but the last bunch died again. I will order some when I can get another one to live. Don't want to spend $1000 on a fish (incl shipping) to have it die as well.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure the color will come back over time. I'm not sure how nutritious the ChromaMax will be, since it's dead phytoplankton. Plus, it won't really do much for the SPS. You could try pieces of fresh shrimp from the grocery store for your LPS.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried the 'Max' Expert Series stuff from Kent before, but never really saw much of a response from the SPS. I've used Oyster Eggs, which is primarily for SPS. I would really like to try Roti-Feast.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: