• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jumpincactus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a crocea approx 5 inches long. I have had it for 6 months now. As of the last 7-9 days it is not opening to its full expansion with all the flesh showing. There are no nippers in my tank and nothing has changed with water parameters.

It is at least a foot away from any SPS and I do have a florida ricordia approx 4 inches away,, could the ric be affecting it somehow.

Any hooo any suggestions or input is appreciated.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest that you just bring it to my house and hope is can attach itself and recover in my tank....Attach is the key word here. :lol:

Seriously though, Maybe its time to change those MH bulbs out. I was real surprized at the coloration my corals got back in the last few week alone after changing mine. Youd better just call me. I have something that you might want.

jumpincactus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on getting your post quota's up ehhh Duane :) It seems to have a good byssus stick it is as I posted not opening any more there is some flesh exposed but not much. It is getting pleny of light. I'm stumped.

Hows your Intercept treatment going??

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido":34ay1o4j said:
:evil: flippin flip.... Ive had enough with this double post problem... :evil:

Have you changed the batteries in the mouse?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of your clam Jumpincactus? Maybe that could help identify certain issues experienced clam handlers have had. Yes I said clam handlers, we all know what it is like when a heard of them come along. :lol:

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the clam has been in your reef that long I kind of doubt the PM would start now. Kind of sounds too long for pyramid snails too. Lights need changing?? Is the clam sitting on your sand bed{if you have one}?? You might try sitting it in a clam halfshell or bury a flat piece of rock about 1/2" under the sand and put rock rubble around it til it attaches.

jumpincactus, I tried to email you back when you emailed me and I couldn't get the email to go through...

IceMan0124

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have your flow patterns changed any?, even an accidental bump of a return or PH could possibly give it too much current

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jumpincactus":1w3jnuer said:
I have a crocea approx 5 inches long. I have had it for 6 months now. As of the last 7-9 days it is not opening to its full expansion with all the flesh showing. There are no nippers in my tank and nothing has changed with water parameters.

It is at least a foot away from any SPS and I do have a florida ricordia approx 4 inches away,, could the ric be affecting it somehow.

Any hooo any suggestions or input is appreciated.

I would first look to see if another animal is picking at it.

acroman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any bleaching? you may want to try feeding phytoplankton to see if it exhibits any feeding behavior. also pass your hand over it, and see if it retracts quickly, or if it reacts sluggishly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: