• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cenzo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found a worm in my reef tank don't know if its a bristle worm its got longer legs then I seen in pictures and it light brown and looks like it has three tentacles on
its head when I walk up to the tank it moves FAST into the rock, is it a bristle worm and if so any good ideas on how to get it out

thanks

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can ya post a picture? some are really bad and some are really good -- hard to tell until we ID the bugger. Careful not to touch it if you pull it.

Lets ID it quickly - they multiply fast (real fast). If its bad and must go the simplest way is to pull the rock and flush it out. but lets start with seeing it if we can.

cenzo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will Try ASAP it seems to try to come out when I feed my fish with flake food but the thing is so fast I cant even get a food look at it but will try to stand back and to to zoom in to get a pic

Thanks for your help

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank probably has several hundred of them. There are so many different kinds, but most are harmless. You probably have nothing to worry about. You will drive yourself nuts if you try to keep them out of your tank! A pic would be great though. Dave

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: