• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

lynn53

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've usually fed DT's in the past but lately am having a hard time getting it. I'd like to know what you guys feed your corals as far as phytoplankton and zooplanton goes. What type you like and why. I always liked the idea of the different size phyto in the DT's as I think this is really important for the different corals, clams and filter feeders.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed reef nutrition's roti feast and phyto feast and arcti pods.

:D

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lynn53":13mj9isl said:
No offense to any of you that don't feed anything...but I'm only interested in those that do feed.

Yeah...sorry Lynn, I suppose i shouldn't have posted since I didn't offer an answer. In the earlier days when I was concerned I fed them the Kent Marine PhytoPlex -- it is/was concentrated phytoplankton. Was an easy dose, like 3 capfuls once a week

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my corals...oyster eggs.

Thales":1dvsdgls said:

Rich - are you noticing a feeding response from your SPS when you use roti feast? I'd like to try this stuff.

Chubosco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed phyto, oyster eggs, and cyclop-eeze. I don't feed the corals as in target feeding this stuff but rather I think of this as feeding the tank. I do feed certain corals thawed white shrimp in minute amounts that is targeted. Phyto is everday and the rest is every other day switching between them. But like CG1, I am not really sure anymore if this is really necessary. Also , I blow the rocks off (hope your mind is not in the gutter here) once a week to also feed the tank (reef).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unarce":182ezfws said:
For my corals...oyster eggs.

Thales":182ezfws said:

Rich - are you noticing a feeding response from your SPS when you use roti feast? I'd like to try this stuff.

Yep. You should try it. Talk to Gresham! :D
Where are you getting oyster eggs?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding responses are easy to get, even cleaning your tank can trigger that :) The thing to look for is actual capture, and no rejecting it minutes/hours later.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich - I've just been using DT's Oyster Eggs.

Gresh - So, you recommend Roti-Feast for SPS? If so, I'll switch.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look to get some Roti-Feast.

If I can find it locally.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: