• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been preparing to treat with interceptor for about two months now. I set up a 30G softy tank that I could put all of my hermits and two shrimps in. I was able to grab all of the hermits easy enough. I then set out to catch the two shrimps. I built a home made shrimp trap with a littre bottle and zip ties. The first night I caught 13 nassarius snails. The second night I caught my peppermint shrimp and was amazed at how large it had become. I never see it. I miss it in there as I am now having a great aptasia plague.

After two weeks, I gave up on trying to catch my skunk cleaner. I felt guilty dosing with interceptor as I was basically sentencing it to death.

I just finished the water change on treatment two and it is still alive and acting quite normal. I still have copepods in the overflows that also seem unaffected from the treatment. The directions from he red bug thread say to use the pill for large dogs (50-100lbs) and it is good for 380G. I used the pill for small dogs (26-50lbs). It is good for 190G. I have a total 165G system and used the whole pill. I watched the red bugs die off and fall into a happy open brain that ate them readily for the first three hours. My four colonies that were affected began to get better polyp extension immediately and have been regaining color all week.

Just thought I would share a good experience with everyone.
I would like to thank the anonymous pill donor who made this treatment happen for me. :wink:

kevindub

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shrimps are the easiest things to catch. They try to steal food from anything, so I only have to put food in a net and they go into it. Stupid little animals they are! I'm happy to hear your shrimps are alive.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: