• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

S!mon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Kent RO/DI unit up and running for about six weeks now. In that time I produced about 150 gallons of water. Now my production is almost zero. I'm getting one drop every 8 seconds with no waste water being produced. My pre filter is slightly discolored (rust colored), but the carbon and resin look fine. I'm going to get in touch with Kent on Tuesday, but I thought I could get better advice here. Thanks. Sorry Len

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the pre filter clogged.... have you changed it? I would say the micron sediment filter is clogged beyond belief.

i would shut-off the water supply. de-pressurize the unit and change the sediment filter... they are only a few dollars...

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am with Lawman - I think releasing the pressure might do the trick in and of itself. However, that rust color is probably iron in your water and could very well have cloged the prefilter.

If you are on well water you don't want to connect your RO unit prior to your house filtration -- I was speaking with someone that did this and just couldn't understand why his filters weren't lasting.

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
CG1":uy2eqqkj said:
I am with Lawman - I think releasing the pressure might do the trick in and of itself.

I don't think "releasing the pressure" will be of any help. The pressure within the systems is needed for the function of the RO membrane.

The most common cause of low production is clogged prefilters. As mentioned above, start there. Some other potentials include low line pressure, especially when teamed with cold water temperatures; and of course low production is one of the two common symptoms of a membrane gone bad (clogged, or "scaled").

Do you have a pressure gauge on your system? That's useful to identify clogged prefilters.

Russ @ BFS

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BFS,

if his membrane is jam packed, do you think it is too lake for a flush kit?

Buckeye Field Supply":1itmjtgg said:
CG1":1itmjtgg said:
I am with Lawman - I think releasing the pressure might do the trick in and of itself.

I don't think "releasing the pressure" will be of any help. The pressure within the systems is needed for the function of the RO membrane.

The most common cause of low production is clogged prefilters. As mentioned above, start there. Some other potentials include low line pressure, especially when teamed with cold water temperatures; and of course low production is one of the two common symptoms of a membrane gone bad (clogged, or "scaled").

Do you have a pressure gauge on your system? That's useful to identify clogged prefilters.

Russ @ BFS

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: