• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":jc8x6jm1 said:
If you use caulerpa, prune it often (before it goes sexual) and try to keep it from spreading to the display. HTH
prune it before it goes sexual?..when is that?..how do you know when?...do i look for a big "plant woody" or something? :lol:

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how fast it's growing, I would pull out (not tear or cut) a reasonable amount weekly or every two weeks (systematically). What you are trying to accomplish is starving it off before completion of its life cycle by thinning it.

Good luck!

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm still not understanding this. you are saying, that when this stuff spreads, it actually forms brand new pieces? not grows longer?
i have some in my tank that is a tightly weaved bunch. it appears to be one large single plant. i shouldn't rip or cut this back some?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you should pull fronds instead of breaking it in between them. It usually is all one strand. If you were to cut a frond in half, the half that is left in your tank would most likely die-off, which could turn out bad. Hope that makes sense now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: