• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NMreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Just wanted to share with everyone what I did last night. I'm sure everybody else does it all the time, but it's a first for me. I ran my skimmer and Tunze in a 5 gallon bucket of vinegar & water for 24 hours. All I can say is WOW what a differance. I'll do it more often for sure.

Just wanted to share.
Phillip

NMreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tunze is a 6080 pump I believe. I've just never had a calcium reactor so the coraline has never really been a problem. I'm still in awe of how much my pump flow had dropped off without me noticing. I feel really stupid for not paying more attention.

Phillip

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks NMreefer, good subject. I know what maintenance I'm carrying out this weekend, I've got a couple of Tunze pumps and I think I'll start with those. The protein skimmer seems to be doing a good job but it's on the list now and the pump that drives it.

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting thread... My Skimmer is a like new skimmer, I had no idea how well this ETS could skim. The foam looks 10 times as thick. Amazing; so much cheaper than a new skimmer.
-Adrian

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: