• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into buying an off the shelf auto top off with float switches - the whole shebang. Normally I'd do a DIY, but I've worked myself into a corner and just need to buy one. The two that I'm looking at are the Reef Fanactic level controller and the JBJ ATO. Anyone out there using these, or that can suggest a better one?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's more expensive, but I would also consider a LiterMeter3. They are extremely reliable and accurate, and getting optional remote pumps (now or in the future) will also allow you to automatically dose other stuff like Bionic. I personally like stuff without float switches as they haven't earned my total trust ;)

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len-
Optimally, that would be the unit I'd get. However, for my 40 gallon I think I'd like to get something under $100 for top off. I splurged on good lighting and a good skimmer - and that just about broke me. The project (like always) is already WAYYYYYY over budget and I don't even have all the live rock I need.

Just ordered the double switch from Auto Top off suggested by Trido. They responded quickly to my emails. Plus the system has some redundancy build into it and its about $40 cheaper, even with shipping, than anything else.

Thanks everyone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: