• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Adamas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one would you buy for a 180g softy tank?

Aquamedic Shorty or Aquac EV-240 or Aquamedic T 5000 Baby or ASM G4+ ?

Please rate them which one you prefer most as first , second and third etc....

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a fan of anything AquaC JMO.I also think that with the AquaC in sump skimmers sump water level isnt an issue...;

www.aquac.com

I haven't had any encounters with the other skimmers in question though.

b

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i liked my aquac ev-180. but... it was real moody after feeding.... i like the needlewheel simmers do to the ease of use and adjustment....

check out the recirc reef octopus 250..... good skimmer for the money. my buddy just got one.... WOW. the skimmate is nasty.....

i am a Euro-reef fan.... but a deltec or H&S is growing on me.

Adamas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes true, the ASM G4X is cheaper then the other mentioned above. Also it is a needlewheel skimmer if I am right and rated for aquariums up to 450g.

I want a skimmer over rated for my 180g so I will not upgrade in the future and will know that I have a good skimmer. Do you think this will be great skimmer or better that I buy another one ?

Please help me choose guys :)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My answer sucks, but I like all four of those skimmers. I've seen or have owned them and they are all more then capable for tanks in excess of 180 gallon.

I'm a fan of recirculating needle wheels. I'd take a look at that type of skimmer from manufacturers like Deltec, Octopus, and Euroreef.

Adamas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len the recirculating needle wheels are those skimmers that can be fed from the overflow of the diplay tank or from a seperate pump, and are located outside the sump right ?

So if I am right the ASM G4X is an IN SUMP Only model right that cannot be fittef out side the sump that is why is called only NEEDLE WHEEL without the 'recirculating' ?

Tell me if I am wrong. :lol:

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needle wheels can operate in the sump as well. It's basically any needle wheel skimmer whose bubble-generating pump draws water from within the reaction body. The non-recirc types use pumps that draw water from the sump and use this same pump to generate the bubbles in the tank as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: