• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Old Man Of The Sea

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so now I will after the Xmas shopping start both of my reef tanks as temporally F/O tanks for now I will be paying another $7K plus for the 240 to be done over for all which is in place from jeff of fish world, all will be replaced except for the tank with canopy and the chiller.

Being that there is much time now, I will take pics after when both are started with the skimmers and that some fish are in the tanks for I no wish for the two tanks to be sitting around another two years empty.
I will now have to make my mind up on which fish for also I figure that I not would go any higher in price the $100-$150

I will have puffer and certain triggers along with wrasses and so. I am as of now still am continuing my researching in the type of corals that I would most likely have and now will be soon listing a fish list as inhabitants for these two tanks which again are a 180 and 240 gal tanks.

I am figuring that it will be anywhere from 18 months after I start putting the money together for the cost of what I wish to do here for even that because I had the wrong person doing this for me, I am still very determine to have these as the reef tanks which I been planning on for more then five years now.

I will after the holidays talk to the new lfs I be dealing with in this for also they already know that when I do this in fish only tanks for a period of time, that afterwards when I will be ready to start them as reef tanks that I will have the new lfs people come over to the house to get the fish out of the tanks for the 240 gal tank will have to be completely drained of water for it will be going on a new stand, a taller stand.

So now I will get to work on a fish selection and I will for the most part leave out large angels, it is too short of a time period to enjoy one or two.
So far I am on track, I just paid the property tax and now as I mentioned will begin on my Xmas shopping and the most spending there is on my grandchildren for they need lots of clothes. For last Xmas, I bought my three smaller grand kids four sets of clothes each and now my oldest has grown out of most of his clothes and will be buying him as many as six sets of clothes.

Only if I could go saying at Xmas time, Bah-Hum-Bug and then I could say my money to take to an early grave, LOL

So, I will still later on be having a question or two or three on coral info. And one other thing, On the 240 there happens to be a skimmer that is for a 125 gal tank and I would need to buy another one, used to save money on it if possible for once the tanks are to begin as reef tanks, those skimmers on the 240 will no longer be in use on my tanks.

SO anyone know of someone selling a ER skimmer for a 125 gal tank max?

Thanks for having patience with a older person 8O

Buddy

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: the skimmer, you can try Ebay or there is a forum here for buying and selling used equipment. Also if there is a local reef club/B board around you you can try looking there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: