• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get some ideas as to some pretty fish for my wife. One would be ideal to add within the next couple of weeks. I need a reef safe fish that will get along with my sailfin tang and about 4 chromis.

My wife was ticked off at me today because I took back her favorite the coral beauty. Unfortunetly the beauty would pick at my green star, and I did not want it to do the same in the new tank.

She likes the coral beauty and the emperor angel. As well as a morish idol. All of these are big no's for me and the new tank.

What would you recommend? Please give me the common names if possible. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a small harem of lyre-tail anthias'. They are quite beautiful

Louey

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a wrasse? I am looking in my book and found a Lyretail / angular flasher wrasse? I am looking at the right fish?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunburst Anthias have a laterally compressed body form that your wife seems to like.

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah she was just explaing she want some thing with a body like a tang, but colorful. She doesn;t like the long skinny type. She just clarified all that for me.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He likes to eat inverts though. Plus he sounds a bit on the aggressive side.

Mine hasn't hurt my snail population and I have a blood shrimp. So, keeping them well fed probably helps in this regard.

Mine is a complete wuss too. He has never shown any aggression towards any fish. Actually, he is quite shy.

Louey

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Does anyone have expierence with the Scotts fairy wrasse?

She seems to like the look of it. Any info you guys have would be good. From what I have read they seem to be okay.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott's Fairy Wrasse is a very nice, hardy wrasse that is reef safe. They, like all Fairy Wrasses, can jump, so make sure the top of your tank is covered. Other then that, they're a great choice. If you can find a pair, it's well worth it; the courting rituals are amazing to watch.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dnorton1978":1wp2hpgb said:
Louey":1wp2hpgb said:
How about a small harem of lyre-tail anthias'. They are quite beautiful

Louey

I found it, was confused. Very pretty fish.

Any others??

;) set up a 200 gallon tank for her :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dnorton wrote:

Does anyone have expierence with the Scotts fairy wrasse?

I bought 5 from DFS. I was hoping for a harem. None of the on-line vendor sell them as male/female, so you just have to hope to end up with a male and a couple of females. 3 of the 5 died within a month. One of the two remaining was aggessive towards the other one and it eventually died. So now I have one. It is a beautiful fish.

Man, I really wanted a harem.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: