• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bug0926

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 175 w mh bulb problem. It starts to light and then goes out. Is this a bulb or ballast problem? Worked fine yesterdaty? How should I troubleshoot.

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the bulb and ballast? I just talked to a friend of mine who does steet lighting for the city. He seems to think it is the capacitor in the ballast. He said that usually a mh bulb will not blink on like that. Either the bulb is good or no good. He also said if the bulb is replaced it will probably work for a couple of days and then go back to doing the same thing.

bug0926

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I know. I let it sit for a 1/2 hr..it started to go on, went out then 15 mins later went on fully.

shr00m

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to me it sounds like you are on a breaker that is overloaded and its sagging when something is pulling power, the HID lights will do that if they dont have enough power behind them, like say if an a/c or heater or clothes dryer is on the same breaker, and kicks on , it may cause the HID light to dim because lots of devices surge and pull a lot of power at start up.... just a thought

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: