• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

KURT

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I JUST GOT THIS 1 YEAR OLD EHEIM 2028 FILTER- IT IS FLOODING MY HOUSE! HELP -PLEASE!
The filter flooded out maybe 5 gals of water all over the wooden floors! a nightmare! after everything was all hooked up, when power is turned off then as soon as hose valve opens it floods water out of O GASKET /top-bottom gasket! A panic! the water would not stop until I closed hose valve, otherwise I suspect it would empty the whole 76 gals and destroy everything! VERY SERIOUS! Why is it leaking! When running it seemed fine , as soon as power is off= a flood!
The hoses are at full extension upward as it is a tall tank; 36in tall 1/4 cyl. corner tank itself (above wooden stand),outtake pours about 46in above the filter; about 36 inches diff between intake hose bottom(suction) and return hose opening (clean water). Does it have to do with the differences between the two hoses-causing pressure or just back pressure of the water when off- BUT...I would think it should leak in any case...WHAT CAN I DO- PLEASE HELP!
THE FILTER was just bought used on ebay it's 1 year old and the gasket looked good seemed soft enough, but I am not an expert, I tried to add a second homemade rubber gasket and broke 3 clips(new ones will be here in a few days) I even put a little vaseline on gasket as recommended on a site, but it still leaked out from the sides o-ring gasket.
Help! what is going on here- why is it flooding out? [email protected]
THERE HAS TO BE SOME LOGICAL SOLUTION!?
YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! thank you VERY MUCH, Kurt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: