• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

blackcloudmedia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just curious. Who here has the biggest freakin tank measured in US Gallons. The winner should have a nice ego being that he/she can AFFORD that much stuff, cause we all know if theres space,,,,,you must fill it.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Steve Weast wins, though Nathan, Sanjay, and Louey gives him a run for the money. Nathan may have it if you count total volume (including outdoor refugium).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, my tank is 300G, with a total system volume of 475G.

It's a mere nano compared to Sanjay's and Nathan's.

I'm not familar with Steve West's tank. Seems that I recall he had a super cool cold water reef, but I don't recall it being that large. Is that the guy, or does he have more than one tank?

Louey

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Steve's tank is 850g. One of the most beautifully aquascaped tanks I have ever seen, too.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":1pwmct3f said:
I'm not familar with Steve West's tank. Seems that I recall he had a super cool cold water reef, but I don't recall it being that large. Is that the guy, or does he have more than one tank?

Louey

www.oregonreef.com

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blackcloudmedia":25d0jg7z said:
I was looking at steves water chemistry and he shows alk of 9-10. My test kit says to stay around 3. WHats the deal here?

Well if I had to guess... dKh vs meq/l

however if you both had dKh your alk is WAY too low, however 3 meq/l = 8.4 dKh.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90" WIDE. Holy cow, mine is a mere nano compared to Steve's. That's awesome.

That would cost me $500 per month in electricity alone in Florida.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a tiny fraction of the help maintaining a 20,000 gallon tropical reef tank. :lol: I think I've got pictures of us changing the CA reactor media somewhere. 10 feet tall and 8" diameter. 8O I think at the moment it's the 3rd largest or so in North America, after Joe Yaiullo's (sp?) at Atlantis World in NY and the big one at the Georgia Aquarium.

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blackcloudmedia":l4zai9yx said:
So I was just curious. Who here has the biggest freakin tank measured in US Gallons. The winner should have a nice ego being that he/she can AFFORD that much stuff, cause we all know if theres space,,,,,you must fill it.

My tank and sump add up to over 700-gallons.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Lagoon is about 900 Gallons. It's difficult to photograph though because it's a look-down.

Attachments

• Lagoon060211.jpg
    Lagoon060211.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3,480
  • lagoon_041116.jpg
    lagoon_041116.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,480

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: