• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Galvan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a 75 gallon, 7 animals, 90lbs of LR. have recently been working to get more corals. Have on carpet coral, 1 brain coral. problem is that I can not keep my mushroom coral in healthy shape. some of the top mushrooms begin to wither.

I use a Coralife light set up with 2 atonic at 65watt and 2 65Watt at 10,000.
Atonic on at 7:00am to 9:00pm and 10K are on from 10:00am to 7:00pm. This light fixture is about 3 to 4 inches from the glass top, my new mushroom is less than half way from the top water line level. Should I have both lights on that is my Atonic and the 10K running together from 10:00am to 7:00pm that is when my 10K's turn off. Really not sure what the problem is, I have other corals that do well.

all water parameters are excellent with exception of Nitrate is usually running about 25-40.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup the actinic and daylight lamps the way that pleases you most.

I don't believe lighting is the problem for your mushrooms. What is the amount of waterflow for this tank?

I do worry about your Carpet Anemone though. Is doesn't sound to me that your system is set up properly for this type of animal.

Can you list your water parameters as well? Even the good levels can give insights to specific problems. Expecially alkalinity.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: