• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I'm going to try to explain as best I can....it's a round silver clamp light fixture. The bulb is a MH "grow light" with a light blue tinting.

Can you use this for a MH light for SPS and such? Is it safe? I know it will probably need the proper ventilation... but can it be used?

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose it would work. Will it be easy to find replacement bulbs? The housing might corrode quickly, being around SW.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, lowes. I can't get to the site (horrible firewall) or else I would have left a link as to what I was talkin about.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check when I get home. I'll let you know. It should be on the bulb right?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it's not. I've seen some bulbs that don't have it anywhere. I was just curious because you said it's a light blue. Most "grow out" bulbs I've seen at Lowes and HomeDepot are in the 4000's to the 6000's and are pretty yellow. Also, I remember that there was a problem with the MH and MV bulbs/fixtures they carry, but I can't remember it right now. :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damnfirewall!!! RRRRR! I can't see it. This is what I see.

You have attempted to access a website that is prohibited by Nabors Network. A Network Administrator has been notified. All internet traffic is logged and monitored by the Network Administrators.

aljndrno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Crissy. Your network admin's pretty strick. Don't blame the firewall, it's your strick network admin that's blocking anyone from going to certain web sites. DOH!

I too have wondered if those MH lights at the hardware stores are safe/ok to use. I'm setting up holding tanks in the garage and would like to use those. Will they be enough for corals and inverts?

Anyone?

Many thanks.

shr00m

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you need to get bulbs @ 10000k they will work fine w/ your ballast... if you want to know a site to get them cheaper pm me

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aljndrno":3tw9cefc said:
Hey Crissy. Your network admin's pretty strick. Don't blame the firewall, it's your strick network admin that's blocking anyone from going to certain web sites. DOH!

OH, the clueless idiot in me strikes again. Thanks for the clarity.

aljndrno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not all. They're watching where you go too. Double DOH!!!

Hey shr00m, I want to know where you can get cheap MH lighting too.

many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aljndrno":2gobzinl said:
That's not all. They're watching where you go too. Double DOH!!!

Hey shr00m, I want to know where you can get cheap MH lighting too.

many thanks.

I know that part. I really don't care where I go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: