• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i keep coming up empty handed in my search.
i need a large empty metal hood. something i can fit 2 mogul sockets with mh bulbs, and maybe some room for a couple flourescents. 48 inches by as wide as possible.
new, used..don't matter. just priced accordingly.
i will hang it, make legs for it..whatever it takes.
anyone with ideas/links?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dont you just build one? Maybe out of oak, It would probably look nicer and would rust alot less.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah..i could do that...or just use my existing canopy and retrofit it.
but what i want is a giant metal hood to hang above my canopy.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mr_X":1nyrk58u said:
yeah..i could do that...or just use my existing canopy and retrofit it.
but what i want is a giant metal hood to hang above my canopy.

OK . All I can really say then is "FREAK".........JK!!!

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll explain. the canopy i have, i feel is not tall enough to house 400 watt mh bulbs. i think they will be too close to the livestock/water.
it would be nice to have something that sits on top of it made from the exact wood, so it matches. however, i don't have access to woodworking tools. i do have access to steel, sheetmetal, and welding tools. so something made from metal that can be painted is probably easier to create. i have seen some large black hoods in LFS, that will fit everything i want to put in it. but when i ask them where they got them their answer is " i'll order ya one" someone told me coralife makes them, but my web search came up lame.

(the man with the tatoo of a fishtank is calling me a freak....must be the rapid ozone depletion) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: