Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Why are the people on here.. but not just one here.. such flakes, liars, snakes and BS artists...

I honestly don't get some of you, you make plans with someone.. do you not get that person makes time for the buyer to "pick up" items from the seller and then last minute you bail out.. aren't we all adults? If you don't like it, don't comment or waste the person's time. It's honestly annoying.. act your age, if you say you are gonna do something. Honor what you say your gonna do. I won't say names , you know who you are. Legit stay off the boards if you are gonna do that to people!

If you can't afford it don't ask.
if you can't make the travel don't ask.
If you are uncertain about something ask questions.
If you make plans with the person, fall through with those plans and don't waste the time of the buyer.

What are your thoughts on these people that just do that?

I myself say if I am gonna take something from someone I go through with it, your word means allot within the hobby and I travel far and wide to get stuff I want and make sure I reinsure the seller I am gonna be there at a certain time, if I am running late I make a phone call and let then know so they can go about doing what they need to do so I don't waste their time as well.

BigA-quariums

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They probably bored need someone to talk to lol. I’ve had someone that literally lives up the block from me flake multiple times (never met them) we didn’t exchange address just the cross street and ave and it maybe a 3 min walk I wasn’t even selling I was giving away cheato.

Smonkey20

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Yea I've been dealing with this since I started posting things. Unfortunately it's not much you can do other than remember names and numbers. I'll post a screenshot of a recent time waster. And this wasn't my first time interacting with this person. I just wish you could leave negative feedback without them being a bigger ass and leaving a false one under your name. I've met a couple good guys here on mr but then there's people like this guy smh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-152947_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-152947_Messages.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210509-153016_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-153016_Messages.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210509-153043_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-153043_Messages.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210509-153100_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-153100_Messages.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 0
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The hobby has changed to a point that you don't want to help anyone except a handful of reefers. Don't get aggravated just know who you are dealing with before you commit. the best one is reefers begging that they lost everything or lost a particular coral and then they post their frag tank with your corals that you gave them for free for sale. lmao. these guys come across as the OG 's in this hobby. wake up people and beware. If you can't afford this hobby go snorkeling in the Long Island sound. its free

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I also love the people who ask if something is available multiple times over the course of a month, but spread it out between Facebook, texting and M.R. Dm's.

Like I wouldn't figure out multiple exact same lowball offers came from the same person?

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Why are the people on here.. but not just one here.. such flakes, liars, snakes and BS artists...

I honestly don't get some of you, you make plans with someone.. do you not get that person makes time for the buyer to "pick up" items from the seller and then last minute you bail out.. aren't we all adults? If you don't like it, don't comment or waste the person's time. It's honestly annoying.. act your age, if you say you are gonna do something. Honor what you say your gonna do. I won't say names , you know who you are. Legit stay off the boards if you are gonna do that to people!

If you can't afford it don't ask.
if you can't make the travel don't ask.
If you are uncertain about something ask questions.
If you make plans with the person, fall through with those plans and don't waste the time of the buyer.

What are your thoughts on these people that just do that?

I myself say if I am gonna take something from someone I go through with it, your word means allot within the hobby and I travel far and wide to get stuff I want and make sure I reinsure the seller I am gonna be there at a certain time, if I am running late I make a phone call and let then know so they can go about doing what they need to do so I don't waste their time as well.
Since day one on this forum I dealt with you (aswell as Gab)and always been a stand up guy and I feel your pain aswell as all the OG's on this forum.i stopped posting on this forum let alone try and attempt to sell anything.i won't post for free and I rather throw it in my sump than to aggravate myself with the back and forth B.S. if I want it I keep it short and simple(whats your paypal,when are you available,whats the best time to pick up and heres my number)reefer rating means nothing in this cruel world..miss ya bro!!keep it real

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Since day one on this forum I dealt with you (aswell as Gab)and always been a stand up guy and I feel your pain aswell as all the OG's on this forum.i stopped posting on this forum let alone try and attempt to sell anything.i won't post for free and I rather throw it in my sump than to aggravate myself with the back and forth B.S. if I want it I keep it short and simple(whats your paypal,when are you available,whats the best time to pick up and heres my number)reefer rating means nothing in this cruel world..miss ya bro!!keep it real
You ain't lying on that part man, not saying I won't post here or start discussions.. but it's alittle ridiculous, I respect all the vendors.. but as a hobbiest posting something for sale then the nerve of some people asking it for pennies on the dollar... like come on. But they rather get some stuff that isn't aquacultured and tank raised for a cheaper price and pay 35$ a polyp at a vendor when it's only 20$ , don't take it the wrong way.. I do buy things from allot of vendors and spend allot of money cause I love this hobby and support local and online vendors as well but some people that DM me for the coral pack I posted like 75$.. come on. You gotta be kidding me, it's ridiculous.. I am in alittle heart ship with money right now , but you gotta "pay to play" right

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Also , miss you brotha. I got some frags for you when your ready! Lmk put some color in your tank, maybe like 2 or 3 weeks, gonna frag some zoas in a few days.

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This is cornball/flake site. It’s wasn’t that bad a few years ago. But hell it’s like they are coming out the cracks. One flake after another it’s like there competing for the most cornball award. This forum can be so frustrating. At this point i will just throw away stuff verses dealing with people on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thomashtom

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a good one why do people text or pm you asking if something is still available and then don’t respond back???? Or some people jump on anything free like they have a 700 gallon system then complain that their fish are sick or tank is crashing??? Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: