bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
I have the 3155 and keep the water in my sump within a very small variance. I have an Apex now and when the pumps go off and the water level in my sump rises, the 'water too high' alarm goes off. Here is my question: the Tunze manual specifically says not to use it with a controller but what i want to do is have the Tunze turn off during the feeding cycle and come back on when the water level returns to normal - does any do this and would this work? Thx.

Eric

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Manhattan Reefs
I have the 3155 and keep the water in my sump within a very small variance. I have an Apex now and when the pumps go off and the water level in my sump rises, the 'water too high' alarm goes off. Here is my question: the Tunze manual specifically says not to use it with a controller but what i want to do is have the Tunze turn off during the feeding cycle and come back on when the water level returns to normal - does any do this and would this work? Thx.

Eric
Easiest solution is to create a separate holder for the high water sensor.
Or switch to a apex ato.
I haven't had a apex in a few years so I don't remember if it's possible to turn off the outlet for the tunze during feeding mode.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Supporter
I do that for my water changes. No issues. Just remember that the Osmolator starts, it pumps for 15 seconds. But as long as you do not spend your time turning it on and off, it is not a problem.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: