A

Anonymous

Hello all,

Does anyone have a happy yellow leather?? I just got one that was a little beat up from shipping, it seems to be winning the battle, but I am not sure that my placement is the best. It is about 6 inches below the water, right under a 175w 10k MH getting good current. I am mostly concerned about too much light. It has been a couple of days, and it has not extended its polyps yet. thanks.

A

Anonymous

Don't have one yet but have been researching. Apparently need more light than most leathers. Recommended at least vho with medium to high current. You might try lowering in tank for the leather to acclimate to your lighting and gradually raising to the level you want. It probably came from a lower lighting environment than your using. Also need to know that the yellows don't seem to have the long polyp extension that we are accustomed to with most leathers.
hth
steve

[This message has been edited by scs (edited 27 January 2000).]

A

Anonymous

In my tank, they have done well under the same conditions that you have provided. Don't worry about too much light, as you are probably giving less than they got in the wild.

It will take time for it to open. If it really worries you, you could drop it lower down and see what happens.

Mine grew so large that it spanned from nearly the bottom of the tank to about 6 inches from the surface. When it was smaller, I had it exactly where you had it, but decided it was more aesthetically pleasing about midway down the tank.

------------------
Randy Holmes-Farley

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: