dtiedke

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read somewhere that Caulerpa can be bad for many LPS corals. I have a Fox coral (Nemenzophyllia turbida) that has slowly declined over the past 3 months. I have lost a branching hammer as well, and I can't seem to put my finger on what is causing this.

All parameters are fine, and I have tried different flows/lighting for these two corals and have not been able to get them to turn around. My various Frogspawns are doing well, as is my Purple-Tipped Elegance....

Has anyone else been able to identify a direct relationship between having Caulerpa in a refuge and LPS declining? I am seriously considering removing the Caulerpa for Xenia, since I seem to have NO problem growing it :evil: !

Any thoughts?

Dave

ReefRian

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hammers, frogspawns, fox, and candy cane and haven't had any problems with the corals, if anything the frogspawns and hammers are multiplying like crazy. I don't have a refugium, but have grape, feather, and razor calurpa growing in my tank.

Rian

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: