• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Archreefer

Experienced Reefer
I took a 2 1/2 hr ride yesterday to Max reef and got 3 great colonies and a fantastic price. The staff was very helpful, which is a great improvement from my last visit, but there hands are tied when it comes to prices. I need a price on a flasher wrasse and a fairy wrasse which nobody had any clue, so I just had to walk away from two good looking fish. The OWNER really needs to help his employees do there job and put the fish prices on the tanks.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
i was only at max once. someof the prices are listed, but i dont think they match up with the fish in the individual tanks. it made it very difficult to select anything and there was one rude family shopping that didnt really care you were looking at something and just planted themselves in front of me a few times. rather than shove em in the shark tank i bit my tongue

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
I have to say the marking of the fish price gotten bad. My favorite LFS is slipping with that. One reason he never got a replacement for Irvin. He knew everything. He was just hands on guy that knew his stuff. Second it's seems he got so much going on. He just got in this big Red Sea display tank. Awesome tank. Third he got so many tanks with fish. It's almost impossible to know because it seems every other day some kind of shipment comes in. Yes, I was there too and pick up some nice SpS too. Maybe by summer when less fish comes in because hot weather. He can catch up..... Still best place around.......

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
+1
The labels are all fade out even in the coral tanks..the staff are clue less..the only people i really trust on prices are the old employees and the owner...it seems that the new employees look at the fish and make up a price for it, it happened to me twice where the fish was 10 dollars LESS! than what it was when i asked ralphy
I have to say the marking of the fish price gotten bad. My favorite LFS is slipping with that. One reason he never got a replacement for Irvin. He knew everything. He was just hands on guy that knew his stuff. Second it's seems he got so much going on. He just got in this big Red Sea display tank. Awesome tank. Third he got so many tanks with fish. It's almost impossible to know because it seems every other day some kind of shipment comes in. Yes, I was there too and pick up some nice SpS too. Maybe by summer when less fish comes in because hot weather. He can catch up..... Still best place around.......

Sent from my N861 using Reefs

Archreefer

Experienced Reefer
+1 on the best place around that's why I drive 2 1/2 hrs to get there. Maybe just taking a few mins a day to come up with and update a spreadsheet with the prices on it and keeping it by the register would help.

GreywaczEra

Reefer
They have nice size SPS colonies and if you get there on a shipment day they have great picks. however, everything i have brought home from them usually have hitchhikers, pest, or zoa eating snails. specially the bigger colonies. They just started selling smaller frags which look clean, but the bigger stuff, BE CAREFUL

Archreefer

Experienced Reefer
I used a Bayer dip when I got home, lots of critters came off dead.
They have nice size SPS colonies and if you get there on a shipment day they have great picks. however, everything i have brought home from them usually have hitchhikers, pest, or zoa eating snails. specially the bigger colonies. They just started selling smaller frags which look clean, but the bigger stuff, BE CAREFUL

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
I think where ever you buy your corals. If SPS or LPS . They should be cleaned in some kind of solution. And place in QT tank for some time before placing in main tank. I think if you don't you looking for trouble. Maybe a frag you but eggs are hard to see.

you meant IVAN. he is definitely missed, but family comes first...

You guys complain about everything!!
I've never seen ppl complain so much about a store and still go there!!

Just saying.... It's a good store with great prices
( I don't work for them! & I'm not associated to them by any link)

petraio

Advanced Reefer
still ok place but prices are slowlly going up ! it looks like every new person working there influence the business idea of the owner !( WILL KEEP NAMES OUT) for sure he always has lots of fishes in stock but a lot of the same !!! sps Colonies are unbelivable pric ebut are the same type every shipment !!!! nothing that collectors do not have ! Lps are of a goood variety and great prices !!! now the dry good !!!!?? should get a little better supply like additivies!! replacement bulbs ! of good brands!! and have them in a nice section! where your eyes should be shocked like a kid in a candy store !! over all ! good store !! not great!! not until we can see better dry goods supply !!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: