• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

TheOgre

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will still stick with my old SLRs...

The cost to quality that I am interested in is just out of whack....

The spouse just got a Minolta Maxxum 5, and we kept our old Maxxum 7000. Plus we bought a 70-210 and a 100-300 lens, and the total cost was still under the cost of a 5+mp DSLR....

Hard to beat the resolution of film, and the ability to do long exposure shots....

I may give it a try after lights out with the clown fish and their eggs tonight.......

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, can't beat the value factor for film. Digital definitely gives film a run for the money nowadays in terms of quality (depending on who you ask, people will say it's surpassed 35mm) but it's still a bit pricey as an initial investment. For me, however, I stick with digital SLRs because of the reduced noise/grain and most importantly the ability to precisely control post processing. I don't have ready access to a darkroom, so film is inconvenient at best. And if you shoot the amount I do, film rolls get pricey too whereas with digital, it's free :) I do miss out on the slightly greater dynamic range and better long exposure abilities (although CMOS solves this problem), but digital more then makes up for its defiencies for my photog purposes. Your mileage will vary :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: