AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Whats up everyone,

I'm brand new to the hobby. I have prior experience with fresh water but this will be my first adventure into saltwater. I've read a couple of books on getting started and I feel like I'm ready to get started.

I originally started out with plans for a 55 Gallon but after doing some research and picking some brains, I've decided to go with a 125 Gallon.

I'm in the Bronx and would love to know about any local clubs in my area or in westchester county, as well as some tips on a good LFS.

I'm also looking for a used glass 125 Gallon, preferably with a stand and canopy. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks Thirty.

Plan on taking it real slow. Gonna cycle for as long as it takes to get it right and then I plan on starting out with a cleaning crew. Probably will not add a fish for a while. When the time is right, I plan on adding beginner type fish only. The thing that intimidates me most is the plumbing and sump.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Fowlr

Welcome and best of luck, like they are telling you "take it slow and ask here on MR when in doubt about something". Most people on MR are a valuable source of knowledge and will help you. Don't take it personal when someone picks on you, we have some jokers.
Happy reefing

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Welcome and best of luck, like they are telling you "take it slow and ask here on MR when in doubt about something". Most people on MR are a valuable source of knowledge and will help you. Don't take it personal when someone picks on you, we have some jokers.
Happy reefing

Thanks Reefer. Appreciate the welcome!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: