• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Can anyone tell me where to find overflow covers? I've looked online so far no luck. I've included a couple of pics to show what I need.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Overflow.jpg
    Overflow.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Overflow2.jpg
    Overflow2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 109

hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
for the noise, I see lots of people putting in Hofer Gurgle Buster. You can make the pipe high enough so that there is less water crashing straight down, maybe make it so the holes are 3/4 of the way up. The other option are Durso Pipes but I never tried it.

I don't have drilled tanks but I have seen this done this way.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
for the noise, I see lots of people putting in Hofer Gurgle Buster. You can make the pipe high enough so that there is less water crashing straight down, maybe make it so the holes are 3/4 of the way up. The other option are Durso Pipes but I never tried it.

I don't have drilled tanks but I have seen this done this way.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
what kind of standpipe/drains do you have?

I have Durso's. I started with a 1/16" hole drilled on the top and I've since increased the size to 3/32". Getting a ton of splashing sound but I've got some other issues to work out that Coral Theory has been helping me with. Just trying to think anything that can help reduce the noise.

Coral Theory

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Hofer Gurgle Buster is good alternative to try to quiet down the overflow.

There is no one that makes overflow covers, most are DIY. Find piece of black acrylic and just try to cut it to shape. But if you can fine tune your diy gurgle buster then you will not need a cover.

hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
For keeping out the fish, I bought a block of black filter foam. I cut it in half, making it thinner, and the cut it to shape so that it fit snuggled on the top. Doesn't disturb the flow at all and doesn't get wet or dirty.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: