• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

greybolt03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have the single brs I run Gfo I bought the one that came with the mj1200 so it had all the tubes and connectors included.. Yes you can hang it on your aio tank you will have to rig up some kind of bracket but it shouldn't be to hard to do..

nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have the brs single deluxe reactor hooked up to my 28 gallon jbj aio running carbon and gfo it works great, I highly recommend the deluxe model its worth it just for quick connect fittings. I keep mine in the stand under the tank and its fes by a mj1200

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I had one for a while. Honestly, it was kind of a pain. I didn't like how much effort it took to get the reactor out of the sump, open the reactor up, and change the media. You have to tighten the reactor so much to prevent leaks that it became difficult to remove.

It doesn't sound like much when I type it out :lol2: but I changed to keeping a bag if media in the sump and it was much easier.

B.BASH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
if you have the space your better off running separate reactors as the gfo needs to slowly tumble and carbon should be slightly packed and you can adjust flow rates accordingly

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the easiest reactors to change media. Its not meant to sit in the sump, hang it out of the sump,. turn off, unscrew, change media. Do not tighten very hard thats when you will have issues, snug it up then just about a 1/4 turn and dont let the o ring dry out, i think you can use vasiline on it. It can be hard to open if you have any pressure on the filter, either you need one end open when turned off, or the model with the releif button on it.

And like B.BASH says if you can buy 2 and keep the media seperate.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for all the feedback guys!!

NYShoots you mentioned that you have it under your stand with a maxijet feeding it. How far down in the stand do you have it? The maxi jet has enough power to push the water back up the 2 or so feet from below the tank?

And yes the deluxe model comes with everything you need except for the carbon, gfo, and maxi jet

nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
No I use one mj 1200 in the back of my jbj nano cube connected to a 1/2 hose that goes up and over the back and runs down to the reactor about 2.5 feet, there is a ball valve on the reactor where the hose fits in which I keep half way closed in order to get my gfo to just tumble, the water goes thru the gfo which is at the bottom than it goes thru a sponge, the carbon, and than another sponge before exiting the reactor and going back up 2.5 feet to my tank. Everything you need including the hose, connectors, ball valve, and sponges comes with the deluxe reactor. I reccomend buying the brs rox carbon and the regular gfo. If your running a small tank go with the smaller jar of carbon because your only going to use a few table spoons every two weeks. I change out both my carbon and gfo every 2 weeks. I have a 28 gallon tank and I use 5 tablespoons of gfo and 2.5 tablespoons of carbon. Another thing you may want to get is the foam pre filter for the mj or you can end up with stuff getting cought up in your reactor. If you want I can send you pics of how its set up

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for the detailed response!
My tank is an Aquaeuro USA 34 gallon. I bought it used off another member here and I'm really happy with it.

If you could send me some pictures of your reactor setup I would greatly appreciate it! If it's easier for you you can text or email them to me.

Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: