anyone trap a flatworm?

emmanuel

Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I have had a big flatworm for a couple of years . The first time I saw it I thought it was my imagination cause by the time I turned around to get a flashlight it was gone .This weekend my harlequin shrimp was aeting a chocolate chip star and the polyclad flatworm reached out from under one of the unmovable rocks in my reef and grabed the live star. when I hit it with the flashlight it released the star and back under the rock. It never completely came out of the rock but i figure from what i saw it's about 1 1/2 inches . Has anyone ever traped one of these ? please explain
here is a pic I found on the internet

Attachments

emmanuel

Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I think so but this thing is never out so my wrasses cant get to it . This is not the tiny ones that eat corals but I read that it will eat a clam .

mandarin420

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you dont have or plan on having clams than forget it. does it hide in the same rock or do you see him all over? if you have a spare cannister filter you could suck him out.

emmanuel

Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I had clams for years with no problems then at one of the fragswaps i bought 2 small clams that had or developed pinched mantle (I noticed it the 2nd or 3rd day in my tank not sure if it was like that) they both died one a couple of weeks after the other , then my other clams wich I had for a couple of years got it and died one at a time . I thought there was some kind of virus that was brought in with the new addition but it is possible the new clams had a flat worm.
How would I be able to suck it out with an extra filter ? Remeber I never see this thing only the time my shrimp was eating a star eat reached out from the rock never really exposing itself. Last night I placed a piece of frozen starfish inside a 3/4 X 6 tubing closed at one end by the rock were the flatworm was seen in hopes that the flatworm would go in but no luck , maybe it doesnt like frozen if I get a chance tonight I'll cut a piece of live starfish and try again.

Featured Sponsors