Status
Not open for further replies.

Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, the higher K-rated bulb should show off the colors of the phosphorescent corals that you have better. But, I can tell you that for some corals, the color-rendition of the bulb doesn't matter all that much. I just upped the k-ratings on my lighting somewhat and the turquoise colored corals seem to show off better while some other corals don't look any better. There's a bit of a gamble in the change.

Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Unicorn....go to http://www.hellolights.com....and you can call them up and tell them specifically what your current fixture includes and what you're goal is. I've found them to be completely helpful. I recently had a problem...not the same as yours...but not too different...regarding color rendition of the bulbs I had which weren't satisfactory and I described everything to them and they made recommendations that worked very well for me. I think that's the way to resolve your problem. And, if you do, please post the resolution here.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
can someone tell me what bulb to get to have that florecent glow

150 watts 20 k... link?plz:splitspin

Hopefully someone who has the same kind of set up will chime in here and maybe post some pics of what their lighting looks like in that kind of tank.

You could also speak with any of the vendors here that deal in lights (we have quite a few!) They are also very experienced also with the different bulbs out there and I'm sure they would be a great help to you :)

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
what bulb are you using right now?
i used to have a viper 150 with a phoenix 14k and i liked the amount of blue it gave off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: