mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
My first thread, i should've joined a long time ago. New to the hobby and started off pretty good. I currently have a fowlr 55 gal wet/dry setup. Had some nice fish like huma trigger, niger trigger. Clown trigger, maroon clown, porcupine puffer, yellow tang. Well all perished except the yellow tang due to ich. Now tang has this pinkish blotch and is flashing on decos and rocks. No signs of ich. Stopped eating pellets but still eats his algae. Looks healthy otherwise. What could this be?

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
It's probably a Bacteria infection caused by ich (you don't always see ich when they have it). It could also be Uronema or some other kind of parasite like worms. Search the symptoms on the web and this forum and see if any of them look like what your fish has.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
My first thread, i should've joined a long time ago. New to the hobby and started off pretty good. I currently have a fowlr 55 gal wet/dry setup. Had some nice fish like huma trigger, niger trigger. Clown trigger, maroon clown, porcupine puffer, yellow tang. Well all perished except the yellow tang due to ich. Now tang has this pinkish blotch and is flashing on decos and rocks. No signs of ich. Stopped eating pellets but still eats his algae. Looks healthy otherwise. What could this be?
I bet those fish wouldn't call that a good start. At least you should see what size take each individual needs. Then figure out how many can survive in one tank. Live Aquaria is as good as any to start for how big a fish tank you need. It says 100 gallon for a yellow tang, 70 for a Huma and Niger Trigger, 125 for the clown trigger, 180 for the puffer. And they are liberal because they want to sell as many fish as possible. If you stress fish they are not going to be healthy even one alone and in a group they will just kill eachother.

mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
tn

tn

tn

Last edited:

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The red is not from electrical current, if you put your hand in tank do you feel anything? If not your good but invest in one in the future in case a heater breaks or pumps release current

like dom said its can be an internal infection, try to catch and qt with either low salinty or copper before it spreads to other fish

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: