• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I won't be able to make it I have a wedding to go to but you could give some to Jim and I could get it from him. Let me know what you would like for it so I could give it to him.
Thanks,
Vic

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Too bad you can't make it, :( .

I will give the GSP (these ones are extremely fluorescent, the brightest I have ever seen) to Jim the day of the fragswap,

As for other softies, what specifically do you want? and what do you have fraggable right now?

Shaun.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I could frag practicly anything you want from my tank. I am looking for some mushrooms any softies with some color to it that dosen't get to big. I have a 60 gal with all the left overs in it and it's comming along nicely. The tank just has normal output 40 tubes on it. So nothing that needs a ton of light will work.
Thanks Vic

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
You have a teal SPS stag and Purple nana. Would you frag those? Maybe a blasto poly or two (saw it in your photogallery)?

I will put together a nice colorful mix and PM you pictures, OK? Then you can tell me if you like the trade,

[ February 18, 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: solbby ]

triggerboy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vic,

I have a bunch of things for trade... check here for pics...

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbillig

Have plenty of GSP's and mushrooms... a bunch of leathers and other things. I live in Mount Vernon... just north of you, so meeting should be pretty easy. I am in LA this weekend, but will be home mid day on Monday, so I'm sure we could meet if you see something you like.

J.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Hey Trggerboy and Scotty
Thanks for the offer I have a trade going on already and I only wanted a few pieces.
Thanks again.
Vic

[ February 18, 2005, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Vic8361 ]

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
BC thanks for the offer but I have some all ready. I would love to get rid of some but find it hard to get them off the rock.
But thanks again
btw how did cutting the glass for your overflow work out? I hope it wored out well.
Vic

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Vic, It turned out REALLY nice. I'm building a start-finish web page today/tomorrow. I'll post the link when I get it all done.

back.jpg

BC

[ February 21, 2005, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: bad coffee ]

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
btw, I've tried boiling water injections. Straight Kalk injections. Freshwater injections. Nothing worked to kill the little green bastages. So I finally pulled the rocks out and chipped them off with a hammer and chisel.

I also buried a rock completely in the sand for a month and that killed most of them.

BC

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Vic, I got some mushrooms, zoos, xenia and colt. I think that's all the softies I got. I can send you pics through e-mail. BC, nice work on the overflow.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Originally posted by marrone:
BC

Looks really nice, I would think you can't see it from the front. How many, if any, tanks did you break making the cuts for the overflow.

Michael
Two! when the first one broke, I figured, Well, there's the spare glass to make the overflow box!

When the second one cracked I screamed a certain obscenity, and my roommates came running, thinking I cut myself.

I tried to the first two with a dremmel bit stuck into my rotozip. No go! For the third, I bought a tile cutting bit made for my rotozip and it cut the glass like BUTTAH! easy and quick. Took less than 1/2 hour to cut the overflow slot and the two holes for the returns.

I've been working on building a web page showing all phases of construction from the stand to the drilled tank. I'll certainly post it when I get it done.

Here's the tank with a piece of blue acrylic laser cut and siliconed in place. (Having a roommate with free run of an archeteture studio has its advantages.) ( yeah, the teeth are wavy on purpose!)

clamped_190.jpg

BC

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: