• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I like the 2 clowns and yellow watchman and pistol shrimp....maybe add in a nem and make it a symbiotic tank with some softies...would be a cool one

Not trying to knock you but the original stocking list is a little full, you'll probably lose most from either forced jumpers due to bullying, stress induced deaths, or having a busy week where you can't keep the water quality under control due to time constraints but you could always start off with the 4 I mentioned and play it by year and add maybe one more nano fish to the system eventually like a firefish or a small blenny or something along those lines

Sent from my PC36100 using Reefs

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Thanks bruno.... anemone will crap in the water and count as another live stock. Times are rough, clowns are gonna have to settle for a patch of xenia instead. :type:

And as for goby/shrimp whats the minimum sand bed you think possible now that aloha introduced yet another variable.

Thanks all.

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Thanks bruno.... anemone will crap in the water and count as another live stock. Times are rough, clowns are gonna have to settle for a patch of xenia instead. :type:

And as for goby/shrimp whats the minimum sand bed you think possible now that aloha introduced yet another variable.

Thanks all.

I'd say min would be like 3"....these guys stay relatively small the ywg is one of the smallest watchmans along with the yushio I believe who will also pair with a pistol....look around theres a few.nano sized watchmans out there, and pick a smaller species pistol shrimp as well.....you might have luck with a six line but its a risk because they do tend to get into overflows and are more likely to jump if bullied....i believe dherrera has one in a 7.5g...just take it slow add stock one at a time until you no longer feel comfortable adding and research everything very well before stocking because there is a lot less room for error in such a small tank so compatability, load, and territories are your main issues.....watchman +pistol cover your bottom guys, clowns cover your mid to top swimmers, and you could probably do one free swimmer (firefish, six line with caution, etc) occ clowns are pretty non aggressive, so are watchman, and firefish tend to be non aggressive as well so probably the best fit although some six lines aren't aggressive but its a 50-50 thing

If you don't over feed the nem I don't think it'll be an issue if you pick up a small one but hammers frogspawn and xenia often work....are you going to be.running a sump?

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
haha yeah a 1/3 sand bed would look odd....maybe u can get away with 2 inches. esp if you're not having any other fish and dont have much LR stacked up on each other.

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Wow thats a shallow tank...you could push it with 2" I guess....maybe could leave a slightly deeper patch behind rock work just make sure you get a nice and small guy

Whats the other dimensions on the tank?

Sent from my PC36100 using Reefs

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Flytekk, be cautious with gobies.
I've tried a 2 spot goby(twice) and a yellow watchman goby(twice too, 1 jumped out, the other in the overflow).
With the tank depth we have they are likely to end up on the floor. All of them jumped out after a few days.
I even tried a 2 spot blenny and it suffered the same fate as the above.

I had a sixline wrasse which was doing good for a few months but mysteriously disappeared one day. I've searched every nook and cranny in and out of the tank and I had no luck finding its carcass.

As for chromis, i always end up with 1 as they tend to pick off any weak ones. There is always 1 bully which picks on everyone and ends up alone if you try to keep a group.

My current livestock are a pair of perculas, 1 banggai cardinal, 1 chalk basslet, 1 green chromis, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 pompom crab, blue legged hermits and a 20 gal long pack of clean up crew from reef cleaners.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Jeff has his tank pretty stocked and did a great job with it..I would go with a pair of designer clowns and maybe a shrimp..
I almost picked up this tank from Marketplace but you beat me to it Flytekk.lol

The dimensions are great.

Good luck with it. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Maybe it will turn out to be a Queens - Bronx 12 gallon long competition...lol

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Well one advantage i think Jeff has is that he has a drilled 12, with sump. So with more volume and i guess better filtration...... I shouldnt try to achieve his same bio load.

Im thinking 1-2 clowns and a chromis if i can keep one alive. Then the rest corals!!! Soft and Lps.

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
This hobby is an addiction..... so give it time... soon enough ill add a cover which will allow wrasse or goby, or BOTH!... then ill addd an aqua clear 110 to house 115 skimmer and heater and rox/gfo..... then ill drill the tank and put all that in 10g sump and mod aqua clear in fuge.... alll right before i realize.... "Hmmmmm its time for an upgrade!!!!!"

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
On the dimensions of this tank.... It is infact great. 12 gallon tank with such great aquascaping potential. All i can say that a 72x12x12 rimless shouldnt cost much and would be similar to this tank in proportion Or even a 48x12x12 rimless. Hope mr aqua keeps building new tanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: