M

mr.puffer

i have a 20g that i want to set up for salt water, fish only. what would be a good life stock set up.

GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well 20 is a pretty small tank but any smaller fish would be good firefish clowns ect ect, tangs are pretty much out of the question even tho ive had a few in a 30 dont tell anyone people in this forum will freak out if they knew.

M

mr.puffer

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So basichly the only fish I would put in my 20gal would be a clownfish nd a firefish goby

GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Firefish are a good choice but there are alot of other gobies you can get, clowns are just so popular its almost weird to see a tank without one. you could also look into damsels or maybe chromis just be careful some are agressive.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
yea there's alot of gobies/blennies that stay small like watchman,scooter etc. but my advice to you would be to not even start such a small tank just get a good size one to start because it will end up being much easier in the long run. You really have to watch your water quality and test often on a smaller system because you can have a very bad situation very quickly. Best bet is start a larger tank w/ a sump so you can put macro algae like chaeto culerpa etc. they help control phosphates and will benefit your system greatly.

hktoez

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have a 20 gallon mixed reef with the following fish:

firefish goby
sixline Wrasse (picks on the firefish all day every day)
midas blenny
tailspot blenny

M

mr.puffer

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
thanks alot but im go with 2 clown fish nd two firefish goby nd royal gramma

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: