• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

This has been a real RIDE........LOL. Zach can get into the hobby slowly "inexpensively" and I myself like the suspense of "what can I do next"...........................just fill the tank up with saltwater and place a few damsels in it!..........just don't forget to change the water frequently and you will only need a heater and a powerfilter. He can move on from there. Thats what I did..... it has been fun! Hey I just checked my tank out in the dark and found a Featherduster that I did not purchase. Real Cool!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go water quality first then head for the lighting...A good bio wheel or something, and definitely an RO\DI unit...(im learning the hard way on that) its gonna take awhile for the rock to cure, if you go that route, and normal flourescents work for that...now if and when you start adding coral...there you would have to upgrade...VHO or PC would work good...Metal Halides are expensive and are great for large tanks, although it wouldnt hurt in a 29 gallon, but you'll get by for the most part on VHO...but all the lighting can come in the weeks to come...As for it being cheap, i dont think its gonna be..this isnt freshwater..its all gonna come down to is, what you want in the long run(how you want your tank to look) :wink:

8)

P.S. Dont forget a Protein Skimmer :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Settin up a new tank now.....sand,saltwater,heater,filter,and a Undulate Trigger(19 bucks) to cycle the tank. plan on adding an eel later. Not exactly a Reeftank.LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: