Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a 29 gallon tank everything is cycled and everything,I have a 36 gallon tank which I'm planning to transfer everything evrything to it.just wondering if anybody could help me out on how to do this.thanks

Will

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
First I would make enough water to make up the difference between the two tanks maybe 8 gallons to be on the safe side then I would just transfer half or so of the water from the 29 to the new tank then put the corals in , then the rest of the water from the 29 ...then add the water that you just made to fill the tank the rest of the way... . just make sure the salinity , temp of the new water are the same.
I'm sure there might be other ways but that's what I have done in the past ,when upgrading to a slightly larger tank, with no problems .

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Well first off what you will need to do is start on the cycle of the tank since you would not be able to transfer the sand over.
When doing a water change transfer water so that you are not making additional water if you do not need to. Pull out a rock and a little bit of sand so that you can seed the tank. Then just start removing your rock and placing it into the newer tank little by little.
Till everything ends up being transferred over. Remember to monitor the nitrates on the new tank before adding the livestock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: