Saltlick

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Zait, small fish can easily be eaten by crabs, happens all the time. In fact, they
can also find a crevice in a rock that they like and wedge themselves in it for the night
or for protection and you can miss them entirely, even if you move all rocks. BUT if you
are lucky and karma is on your side, that fish is "sleeping with the fishes". Maybe he did
not like the hammer. At least now you can get a fish that is NOT aggressive and territorial.
If there is another damsel in the tank, the prospect of being chased and nipped and bothered
to the point of death is always possible, at which time the crabs move in.

Zaitmi

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered today AquaC Remora Skimmer at $100 after negotiating with Mr. Steve. I will be expecting it with within 10 - 15 days as per Mr. Steve. $60 extra for shipping and handling to India.

Hope everybody is happy now. finally i have bought a pretty expensive skimmer.

Powerheads i have 2, one belongs to JUN(Hongkong) 1000L/hr which is a good brand(i hope this will do the trick) and the other i dont remember brand but 600L/hr.

My wife called me and said that one of my crab ate my other crab in the afternoon. The other crab(now dead) was hiding from last 24 hrs inside the rock. Whether he was molting and the other one got the opportunity to eat him.

I was reading in the net, they eat each other while in molting period. Plz help.

Okay let me use my existing 1000L/hr powerhead, if it wont within some week i will change it then bro. Coz i am totally bankrupt now.

I have bought a Purple goby fish, it was in QT. My goby got sucked in the powerhead and died just now. news came from home. :(

Oh God help me to keep marine tank. :(

Saltlick

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an industry where I come from that DEPENDS on the way crabs attack one another
during the molt. There is a delicacy called soft-shelled crabs. And there is an ingenious way
to catch them. Instead of crab traps, fishermen take bundles of sticks and suspend them in the
water, 6 feet below a gallon jug of air. They simply wait 6 hours, and then visit each jug in turn
by boat, and the crabs have crawled into the stick bundle for protection from other crabs during
the day or so that they are vulnerable. Ingenious fishing technique.

Z-man, they sell a foam shield to place around the intake of powerheads, and most are sold with
intake screens in the box, although sometimes they get lost. I know how it is to be flat broke
because of reef tanks, too. I am right there with you.

Zaitmi

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recd. Remora working fine.

My tank glass are all gets filled up with grey dirty mud like algae. can i scrub my glass to clean algae, will it harm the environment.

plz reply this is important.

Zaitmi

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have started dosing vodka to get rid of dirty brown muddy algae which is related to phosphate.

Well vodka will take care of my Nitrate and Phosphate.

Do i need amino acid in future for cyano bacteria which develops after doing vodka.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: