• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

discofan

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm a 22 year old who just moved to Manhattan for work. I'm in the process of making new friends and social connections in NYC and was wondering if there were any reef/aquarium related organizations for me to join? Anything hobby or conservation oriented is fine. Preferably these groups would have a decent number of people my age. Thanks!

JustTechWriter

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! If you are willing to come out to Brooklyn, check out the Brooklyn Aquarium Society. We meet once a month. There is a speaker on a topic and then a fresh and saltwater livestock auction. Its a fun time. Predominantly freshwater stuff but the reefing community is there and building. Hit me up if you would like to know more.

Edit. With the age group thing though lol, there arent that many young folks. Lots of old retired guys with the money for big tanks lol. But there are some younger folks like myself.

discofan

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! If you are willing to come out to Brooklyn, check out the Brooklyn Aquarium Society. We meet once a month. There is a speaker on a topic and then a fresh and saltwater livestock auction. Its a fun time. Predominantly freshwater stuff but the reefing community is there and building. Hit me up if you would like to know more.

Edit. With the age group thing though lol, there arent that many young folks. Lots of old retired guys with the money for big tanks lol. But there are some younger folks like myself.
Thanks! Unfortunately I have a 4 gallon pico right now due to space/moving limitations. Is there any kind of more volunteering/outing based organization in the NYC area?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: